Orpheo TourGuide (OTG) is a new generation tour guide system with the utmost flexibility.
As such, each device can be switched into either transmitter or receiver mode by tour operators at the start of each tour.
OTG is a wireless tour guide system which allows visitors to stand away from the tour guide without compromising reception quality. This is a crucial factor for large tour groups. The transmission capability is around 100 meters.
This new tour guide system, designed and manufactured by Orpheo, functions with digital technology.
Easy & Practical
- Channel lock option
- 2 headphones jacks per device (for 2 visitors)
- Simultaneous channel selection through the charger
- Suitcase charging rack option for mobility
- 50 preset channels available
- Conforms to international radio standards
- Lightweight and elegant
- Individual charging through USB/ Jack cable
Lightweight and reliable
Lightweight, easy to carry, and extended battery life (50 hours) makes the OTG perfectly adapted for both indoor and outdoor tours. Designed and made in France, this device is currently in use at prestigious cultural sites, such as the Louvre in Paris, Canton Museum of Art in China, the 911 Memorial Museum in New York, USA.
A versatile solution for many use cases
Company and factory tours
Museum tours, simultaneous translation
Zoo or aquarium tours
Used by hundreds of thousands of visitors daily
From Italia to Colombia and all the way through Antartica, the Orpheo TG is currently used in some of the most prestigious parks, museums and cultural sites.
For tour leaders
Supra-aural mono earphones
The supra-aural mono earphones we supply are reusable and can be cleaned simply and quickly with disposable disinfectant wipes (the earphones have no contact with the internal ear). Mono earphones can be beneficial as they enable the user to listen to the commentary but still be available to other group members in their surroundings when desired.
For noisy environments (factory tours with machinery, for example), we recommend the use of headphones. We also offer disposable covers for hygienic purposes.
For a use outside or in noisy environments, prefer the headset microphone
∙ When the device is set to receiver mode, up to 2 pairs of headphones can be connected via the 3.5mm jacks. ∙ The devices can be held with an integrated belt-clip or around the neck with Orpheo lanyards (custom lanyards are available as an option).
2 audio outputs
Thanks to 2 audio jacks, Orpheo TG enables 2 people to use the same receiver at once. This can be invaluable during special events with extra visitors, for example.
It also allows family members, a companion or a visually impaired visitor to share a device.
Autonomy and charging racks
The devices function with Li-ion batteries.
The autonomy is 50 hours when operating in receiver mode and 20 hours in transmitter mode.
A battery level indicator shows continuously on the screen showing the number of hours available for use.
The OTG charging racks come with 24 slots enabling battery recharge as well as modification of the settings on the players.
There are 3 different styles available:
- Suitcase format with lid and carrying strap
- Standard 19″ rackable format (4U)
- Free-standing rack with optional wall hooks
Capability of configuring 23 devices at once:
Using an OTG transmitter and 23 OTG receivers programmed to the same channel, settings can be transferred to 23 devices simultaneously via the charging rack.
- Digital transmission
- Each device can be used in transmitter or receiver mode
- Display : OLED color 128 x 96
- Number of channels: 50
- Dimensions (L x W x D) : 9.5 x 5 x 1.6 cm
- Weight: 112g
- Keypad : circular touchpad with raised markers
- Battery : 2100mAh lithium polymere 3.7V
- Autonomy : Receiver mode: 50 hours / Transmitter mode : 20 hours (battery level indicator shown on display)
- Charging time (complete charge) : 6 hours (3 hours reaches 80% capacity)
- Carrier frequency range : ISM/SRD; 2400 à 2485.5MHz (according to international regulations)
- Adjustable frequency permits 50 groups simultaneously
- Integrated antenna
- Operating range : 100m (open field)
- Transmission strength: -30dBm à +15dBm
- Sensitivity : -103dBm
- Indicator displays reception quality
- Automatic detection of available channels
- 3 styles : suitcase / standard 19″ rackable format (4U) / wall mount or free-standing (24 slots)
- Power supply : 100V – 240V AC 50Hz / 60Hz 70W